Miami is the home for the early roots of this organization which was founded in 2007 and it is referred to as "Miami Women Who Rock". Our missions is Global but our efforts are local.
Global Women Who Rock ("GWWR"), is a women's network that promotes health and wellness causes and initiatives for women in local communities, thought the U.S. and globally. Since 2008, we have been partnering with local businesses, that believe as we do, in giving back to the communities where we live, learn, work and play.
- Target demographic target: Women.
- Direct beneficiaries per year: Approximately 4000 women in Miami benefit directly from GWWR events and programs
- Geographic areas served: Miami, New York, D.C., Los Angeles and London.
- Programs: You Rock Awards, Sunsets Rock, Stiletto Strut, Fifty Shades of Pink, Rocktober, Beat the Blues; a Holiday survival guide, Red Heals for Hearts and Leadership Labs.
Our Mission is to support, cultivate and promote a dynamic, powerful and resourceful health driven women's network, through fundraising and other programs that serve, educate and empower women from all walks of life.
To enhance our mission performance and achieve our goals, we are committed, but not limited to the following:
- To support and benefit women's health organizations within the community through events and fundraisers.
- To serve as a platform to honor and acknowledge women from all walks of life that "ROCK" because of their strength, resilience, heart, compassion, and commitment to family and community.
- To benefit women in business by providing a networking platform though local community events.
- Coral Gables, Florida